Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Home's in Alabama...

Okay not my home, but my sister and her family could sing that!  

On November 17, 2008 the Prescott family welcomed its newest member into this world!!!   My baby nephew, 

Jackson Daniel Jaye

was born to my sister and BIL, Mandy and Joseph Jaye. 

In early December Amy and I made a trip down South to Alabama to hold the little guy and hug our baby sis and BIL!
Our top 10 favorite things about Alabama
10. The gators (although we didn't get to see any live ones)
9. Crazy bridges and tunnels
8. Red Pines
7. Awesome seafood
6. 70 Degrees in December
5. Crayfish tails, gumbo & hush puppies
4. Little girls in Walmart who love "2 3 4 5 chicken"
3. Late night wading along the bay
2. Did I mention seafood?
1. Jackson Daniel Jaye & his Mommy & Daddy

Sisters, Sisters, there were never any better friends than Sisters....
Amy missed the memo about looking lovingly down at the baby for this one--actually she was a bit disgruntled because I booted her out of her seat so Mandy could be in the middle--she still got the best seat in the house!
Proud Daddy Joseph snuggling with his little guy!
Jackson gets some whisker kisses from Daddy.
Mandy is such a sweet and patient little Mama--the bond between these two is quite evident!
Jackson has a bit of a gas problem--poor little guy has a tummy ache.
But a little sh-shing from mama and all is well with the world.
I had to wait a full THREE WEEKS before I got to see this little man.  I was literally starving for pictures of him and begging anyone who might be near him to send me some.  I got a few, but when I asked for more I was told, well, how many pictures can you take of a newborn?  

So maybe it was that touch of OCD showing up as it usually does when there is an infant nearby to photograph, but I couldn't help myself--I left Alabama with a full gigabyte of photos.  The following are a very select few of my favorites!

Sweet Baby Jackson
Sleepy Jackson
After-Bath Jackson
This one reminds me a lot of Mandy as a baby
Grumpy old man face Jackson
(A glimpse into the year 2100)
Hungry Jackson
Jackson looking up to his Mama
Burping Jackson
Hand dimples, tiny toes and fat rolls--
it doesn't get any better than this!!!
MMMM MMMM MMMM My mouth still waters when I think of all the yummy seafood.
Amy and baby Jackson--notice he really wishes his favorite Auntie April was holding him--hee hee.  Seriously, Amy and I fought over him pretty much the whole time just because we love him sooooo much--and cuz its a little bit of fun to fight with your sisters!
The only photo I got of me and my nephew--we shall have to fix that next time!!!
Me and my friend Jake the Gator--had to take one shot to freak the kidlets out a little bit.

No comments: