Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter Egg Thief

We had a wonderful Easter with our families.  Easter Saturday the Easter Bunny left a LOT of eggs in the yard while the kids were at lunch with Papa.  I came home from a quick errand to find that a squirrel had decided the kids didn't need ALL those eggs--so he helped himself to one.

This fat little squirrel looked as if he knew exactly what he was doing--he clutch the egg, ran up a tree and whacked it on a tree limb to crack it open--he nibbled off the top and ate some m&m's.  I asked my sister if squirrels ate eggs because he seemed to be so confident of what he was doing--she laughed at me hysterically and said, "Well, I don't know about eggs, but that's just what a squirrel would do with a nut."

1 comment:

Kara Scharrer said...

Such great pictures and such a neat story! You could write a children's book with those pictures. Have you ever heard of the book, "Stranger in the Woods"? Those pictures remind me of a book like that. :)