Friday, January 16, 2009

More Hats

So I am about ready to abandoned hats for a while--I decided this a while back but then had several promises to fulfill before I really did.  I am working on a very simple scarf for the moment but still have two promised hats in mind before I get into a sweater or something.  

Anyway--they have been so much fun.  Here are a few new hats. 

Simple Cabled Trapper
A trapper for my friend who is an avid Iowa Hawkeye Fan.
This one is for my secret sis--ssshhhh!!
This one is for a little guy up in Duluth--I made a matching Norwegian cap for his baby brother to be born in June!!! 
Micah found this yarn all by himself while I was browsing the yarn aisle at Hobby Lobby and really wanted an army helmet--so here it is!
This is the first bonnet I made for a friends new baby but I wasn't very happy with the yarn choice so when Katie fell in love with it and it fit her baby doll perfectly I let her keep it and knit another one for my friend.
Here is the second bonnet in a heathered baby alpaca yarn--much better feel and sheen although once it was completed I liked the smaller border of the first one better. However, if I don't stop this Katie is going to have a whole wardrobe of baby doll bonnets and I will never move on!
My new favorite baby cap--I combined three patterns to come up with this one.  It is a Norwegian shape with an Inga braid border and sizing and stripes from my favorite helmet style hat.  This one went to a little guy who will be born this Spring in Duluth.
Second Norwegian Sweet Cap toddler sized for my little Riley and Ashlyn--they have been sharing a hat I knit for them earlier this year--I figured this one was appropriate as they are of Norwegian lineage.
Ribbed and Cabled Watch cap--I made this one for my Mother-in-Law but added tassels to give it a little more feminine flair--I considered earflaps but decided against it as she already has a earflap hat. 


2 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

April, we love the hat and booties that you made for Skogen. They are so perfect! EVERYone asks where we got them as he wears them everywhere. He's about out-grown the booties, which makes me really sad, but I wanted you to know that we got great use out of them and will save them for future babies. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! You do very beautiful work.

Sarah Angeline said...

April, you have superior talent, and an admirable eye for style and design. I am very inspired by looking through your collection!
Thanks for publishing your work.

-Sarah W.